Pursuant to Idaho Statute §33-5205B, §33-5209A, §33-5209B, and §33-5209C
Replication Petition Submission Requirements
- Eligibility for Replication
- Petitions to replicate an existing charter school shall be considered only at regularly scheduled IPCSC meetings.
- A petition for a replication shall be eligible for consideration by the IPCSC if all of the following are satisfied:
- The school being replicated has completed at least one (1) renewal cycle and has been renewed without conditions;
- The replication must serve the same, or a subset of the same, grades as are served in the school being replicated; and
- The replication must implement the same operational model as implemented by the school being replicated.
- A petition for a replication shall not be eligible for consideration by the IPCSC if any of the following are true:
- The school is currently operating on a conditional performance certificate; and/or
- The school does not meet the eligibility requirements established in Section A.2 of these policies.
- A petition for replication may be submitted to the IPCSC at any time.
- Petitions received between January 1st and September 1st, if approved, may open the following fall.
- Upon submission of a petition to replicate a school, the IPCSC will notify any school districts and charter schools that may be impacted by the
- The IPCSC will schedule the petition for consideration at a regularly scheduled meeting at least thirty (30) days after submission.
- The IPCSC shall schedule the petition for consideration at a regularly scheduled IPCSC meeting at least 30 days after submission.
- A replication petition must include all of the following:
- A description of the capacity of the charter holder to successfully govern multiple schools and manage the replication process;
- A description of how the charter holder will maintain high academic performance (based on the IPCSC Framework) at all campuses for which the charter holder is responsible;
- A description of how the charter holder will incorporate representation and input in the school operations from the local area where the new school will be located if the location is outside of the traditional school district in which the school being replicated is physically located;
- A facility plan;
- A financial plan;
- A description of the proposed primary attendance area; and
- Evidence of student demand in the proposed primary attendance area
- The IPCSC will approve or deny replication petitions at the hearing at which they are considered.
- A performance certificate for approved replications will be executed within seventy-five (75) days of approval.